Sunday, November 19, 2017

18. Nov '17 - Ich werde älter

Today was my birthday, and we celebrated by eating far too much sugar before starting the school day. It was glorious.

We started with a glorious account of "Meine Woche," in which everyone got to learn about dinosaurs since I spent last weekend at the Field Museum.

Our listening comprehension was "How to Be Vegetarier," an educational video by the glorious podcaster Mirrelativegal. It contained such tips as, "Esse kein Fleisch," "Kaufe kein Fleisch," "Koch kein Fleisch," and "vergiss dass du wirklich Fleisch essen will!" and a talking salami.

We went further into the Perfect or so-called "Spoken Past" tense and were interrupted by something glorious. The 8th graders dragged us away into a scavenger hunt throughout the school, the ending of which was to find my birthday presents, apparently. It was glorious.

About the Tribes Project. We will have time to finish (AND PRESENT) next class period. I went ahead and divided the pairs up into single workers to finish the content as well since I've been made aware that partner work outside of class hours is not going to work with this class' circumstances and schedules, which is ok: I remember middle school. It was chaotic and full of more activities and responsibilities than I thought imaginable at the time, so I completely understand the limitations of working outside of german school.

I will be sending out a reminder of the assignment and the assigned tribes as well as the expectations today.

Mit Vergnügen

No comments:

Post a Comment