Saturday, February 18, 2012

Modal Verbs and New Inventions - 2.18

Hello everyone,


Today we had the modal verb quiz, as promised/forewarned last week. I will be handing those back along with the pop quizzes next week.

Aside from that bit of fun, we did a little review today over previously-covered topics, beginning with a round of Bingo to remind us of the conjugation rules of regular verbs. Despite my having upped the anté several times, the class still managed to meet the goal I'd set for them: if at least 5 of them got "Bingos" within the last 15 minutes before lunch, I would have to bring them donuts next time. Now I have to bring them donuts next time. I suppose that's my own fault for not thinking they could pull it off.

We did a sentence-construction (syntax) exercise in the second half of class, wherein the students divided into 2 teams and attempted to outdo each other with guessing how to put a set of words on the board in the correct order, e.g. I'd write "ICH DICH GERN HABE NICHT" and they would have to arrange them in the proper order for a point.

We also show-cased the games that they had mostly finished developing as a group last time, and I will be reviewing these for feasibility. Should they seem manageable to use for the class, then next class period we will be playing some of these games.


I do not have Hausaufgabe scheduled for this week since I have been rather quiz-heavy lately. Consider this a breather period as there will, indeed, be homework again beginning next time.

Cheers!

Mit Vergnügen

No comments:

Post a Comment